Took this one in via radio and CSTV Gametracker. For anyone else in non-BTN limbo, the Gametracker is great. Gives you all the stats you could want to real time (unlike ESPN’s Gamecast, which only provides scoring stats). It’s not easy to find, though. There doesn’t appear to be a link off the MSU athletics site. Found it by going to the Big Ten men’s basketball page and scrolling to the “Men’s Basketball SCHEDULES/RESULTS” section. (Kudos to Mrs. Spartan Blogger for suggesting I go look on the Big Ten site.)
On to the game. Spartans win 80-51. Box score here.
- Raymar Morgan. 11 FG attempts. 24 points.
- Kalin Lucas was obviously playing with a mission to prove to the Spartans Weblog he can produce–and he did. 8 assists to only 2 turnovers. 4 steals.
- 10 points on 2-2 three-point shooting for Chris Allen.
- Only 62 possessions. This may not seem like good news given the new emphasis on play faster on offense. But it sounded to me like the Spartans pushed the ball on offense. The low number of possessions was the result of defense that forced Jacksonville to run a lot of shot clock on offense.
- Neitzel only scored 10. But he only took 7 shots. When he doesn’t score a lot, it’s usually a result of fewer shot opportunities, rather than poor shooting.
- It took MSU a little longer than we’d like to pull away for good.
Pretty mild complaints. Hard to be critical of any 29-point win.
Next up: At Bradley. Tuesday night. 9:00. ESPNU.