Finally those capitalist pigs will pay for their crimes, eh? Eh comrades? Eh?
You’ll note there’s a new image/link of a clearly capitalist nature at the top of the column on the right. The link takes you to richrobots.com, where you can purchase the t-shirt shown below:
A little background: A friend gave me this shirt for Christmas. And it’s quickly become my “Golden Boy.” So I thought, why not give a heads up to my readers on a great product and perhaps make a few bucks at the same time to convince Mrs. Spartans Weblog that this blogging thing isn’t a complete waste of time?
I do not, however, expect you to blindly click through and lay down your hard-earned Benjamins (just one-fifth of a Benjamin, actually–plus shipping/tax). Instead, let me sell you on this shirt with a David Letterman-style top ten list.
The Top Ten Reasons You Should Buy an MSU 300 Shirt
10. The richrobots website says, “Our shirts are ultra-soft and made to look and feel like you’ve owned them for years from the moment you first put them on.” This is no lie; the cotton is softer than that of any other t-shirt in my closet.
9. Dark heather gray never goes out of style.
8. The t-shirt is much more comfortable than wearing Spartan-style body armor, but puts out the same general vibe.
7. Shipping’s free when you buy three of them. The shirts make excellent gifts for birthdays, graduations, weddings, Flag Day, casual Friday . . .
6. Maybe if we buy enough shirts, we’ll convince richrobots to make more MSU shirts and fewer UM shirts.
5. It comes in equally-hip men’s and women’s fits.
4. You wouldn’t believe how long it took me to figure out how to do the HTML code for an image with a link behind it. That’s worth something, right?
3. You could buy this nifty Javon Ringer shirt instead, but there’s still seven long months until football season.
2. Wearing the t-shirt during MSU road games is guaranteed to reduce turnovers and increasing scoring output. (Legal notice: This reason to buy the shirt is purely for entertainment purposes. Scientists have found no relationship between wearing the t-shirt and the performance of the Michigan State basketball team.)
And the number one reason you should buy an MSU 300 shirt . . .
1. This is Sparta!!!
A small commission will accrue to the Spartans Weblog Corporation (corporate license pending) for each shirt purchased by shoppers clicking through from this blog. I assure you that any proceeds will be expended only on essential blogging expenses: website costs, research materials, six packs of cold beer, and so on.
Stay tuned for an opportunity to win a free shirt using your college basketball expertise. Details will be posted later this week.
But don’t hesitate if you want to get your shirt before postseason play begins. Should the winner of the free shirt happen to have already purchased one, I will be happy to (1) refund the purchase price to you or (2) purchase another shirt so you can wear one shirt while the other’s in the wash.
Now, back to regularly-scheduled programming . . .