Michigan State has now released all the details on start times and TV coverage for the 2008-2009 basketball schedule.
Tidbits and nuggets:
- The two exhibition games will be broadcast at BigTenNetwork.com (as opposed to on the TV network itself).
- It appears the game at IPFW will be the only game not televised.
- The Oakland game at the Palace will be broadcast by FSN Detroit. That’s a 5:00 p.m. tip-off, for anyone thinking of heading down to Auburn Hills for the game. (Saturday, December 27. I haven’t seen anything on ticket sales yet.)
- Three games will be on CBS for certain (Texas, Kansas, at Ohio State). Late season games against Wisconsin, Illinois, and Purdue could be picked up by CBS (or bumped to ESPN/BTN), as well.
- Ten games on the ESPN family of networks (plus potentially those three late-season games).
- Eleven games on BTN (plus potentially those same three games–hopefully not).
- That’s 13-16 of 29 total regular season games on national TV.
Site News: This site’s been getting a deluge of spam lately, so I’m not doing a great job sorting through it to make there aren’t real comments in the spam folder. If you post a comment and it doesn’t show up right away, please shoot me a quick e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can retrieve the comment. Also, please avoid posting two links in a single comment; that automatically sends comments to the spam folder. Probably best to avoid telling us about your favorite prescription drugs, too . . .