- Michigan State was pegged as the #2 team in the conference going into this season by the Big Ten media. No complaints here: Purdue had a better conference record than us last year and returns all their starters. Raymar Morgan is a preseason all-Big Ten pick. Kalin Lucas’s chances of making the postseason version of the team may be just as good; there’s not a pure point guard on the preseason all-conference team (Moore/Harris/Hummel/Morgan/Landry).
- There’s also an unofficial media poll conducted on Big Ten media day that goes past just the first three spots. The media’s predicted order of finish looks pretty solid:
1. Purdue (10) 160
2. Michigan State (5) 154
3. Wisconsin 133
4. Ohio State 121
5. Minnesota 90
6. Illinois 85
7. Penn State 79
8. Michigan 67
t9. Iowa 39
t9. Northwestern 39
11. Indiana 23
- The Big Ten Geeks have supplied a nice fix of MSU tempo-free data in my absence. This is their response to my response to a recent post they did on whether Izzo should use a 10-11 man rotation. See the comments section for my response to their response to my response.
- Four factor graphs!
- Steve Smith will serve as the color guy for some BTN games this season.
- Plus we get the always-excitable Gus Johnson.
- The Green-White basketball scrimmage will be this Saturday following the football game vs. Wisconsin. Any volunteers to serve as the official Spartans Weblog correspondent?