Update: For anyone checking in just before game time, here’s a good preview of the game written from a Longhorn perspective.
Saturday Morning Links
- Longhorn’d – The Texas Preview
Another MSU blogger does a TFS-based game preview. Warms my heart. Pete says Chris Allen may be the key for the MSU. Good point: I’m not sure Texas has a good player to match up with him defensively.
- Izzo: Spartans must have more confidence
“Guys get disappointed after missing easy shot and easy free throws,” Izzo said. “If those things are going to get us, we’re not going to be a very good team.”
- The 10,000 Rule Definitely Applies to Basketball
This is my 401st post, but I don’t think I’m getting close to 10,000 hours of blogging yet.
One Non-Bulleted Link
I kind of buried this in the last set of links: There’s a new blog out there called The Sports Mitten, written by friend-of-the-blog Steve. While the blog covers all six major sports teams in the state, there’s a definitely bias toward MSU coverage. Check out part two of Steve’s preview of the Capital One Bowl: Breaking Down the Matchups.
Today’s Other Big Game
The MSU fan in me is focused in 2:00. The basketball fan in me is actually looking forward to 4:00 even more. We get to see Stephen Curry, the country’s best perimeter scorer, go up against Purdue, perhaps the country’s best perimeter defensive team. Stats:
- Stephen Curry: Offensive rating of 126.1, 37.5% usage rate (#1 in the country), eFG% of 57.4%, assist rate of 42.1% (#5), TO% of 14.2%.
- Purdue defense: Adjusted defensive efficiency of 80.2 (#5 in the country), defensive eFG% of 39.2% (#4), defensive TO% of 27.8% (#8).
That’s one heck of a statistical match-up. Be sure to stay tuned to CBS after the game in Houston wraps up.
But first, let’s lasso us some Longhorns!