Thursday Night Links
- Northwestern Scored the Night’s Biggest Upset
- Shocker in Spartyville – Cats upset MSU 70-63
Lake the Posts says biggest Northwestern win since 1994.
- Just Play Ball
Dylan on the Wolverines’ recent struggles.
- What’s the Point?
Eleven Warriors on the Buckeyes’ limited point guard options.
- Don’t go buying dancing shoes just yet…
Crispin and Cream on the Lions’ NCAA chances.
- The Big Ten Network Sucks At Making Obamicons
- Does Experience Matter in College Basketball?
Another StatSheet goodie. MSU ranks as 4th most experienced team in Big Ten. Wisconsin is #1.
Top Ten Reasons Not to Panic About a Home Loss to North-Freakin’-Western
10. We’re still in first place in the conference. Alone.
9. At some point, everyone will have had the flu and we’ll be done with that, right?
8. Goran Suton in conference play: 11 points and 10 rebounds per game, 59.8% eFG%.
7. Prediction: Kalin Lucas will not turn the ball over six times in a game again as a Spartan.
6. A loss to Northwestern won’t look nearly as bad on our tournament resume as it would in most years.
5. We have only two games left against teams that play the 1-3-1: home to Penn State and at Michigan. And Michigan doesn’t play it all that well.
4. Eight straight games with a team OffReb% of 38% or better.
2. Tom Izzo has all the material he’ll need to motivate the players in practice for the next month.
1. Last year was last year. This year is this year.
Coffee Talk: Agree? Give us some more reasons not to fret. Disagree? Tell us why we should be freaking out.
Related: How many regular season conference wins are you expecting at this point?